Moving to a new country opens up a wealth of opportunities, including the chance to explore a fresh career path. Luckily, there are resources like the Job Finding Club for Immigrants (JFCI) at Georgian College — Career and Employment Community Services in Barrie, Ontario, that are here to guide you through the process and help you build a successful career in Canada.
Written by the Georgian College Job Finding Club for Immigrants.
New country. New opportunities. Moving to a new country opens up a wealth of opportunities, including the chance to explore a fresh career path. However, embarking on this journey can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to finding employment. Luckily, there are resources like the Job Finding Club for Immigrants (JFCI) at Georgian College — Career and Employment Community Services in Barrie, Ontario, that are here to guide you through the process and help you build a successful career in Canada.
Joining a program like JFCI offers a unique opportunity to network with others newcomers searching for new careers. Having a support network of others in your area with similar experiences starting a life in a new country is an excellent asset to finding community and building a new career.
Job Finding Club for Immigrants (JFCI): your bridge to success
Are you a newcomer to Canada? The Job Finding Club for Immigrants is designed to provide you with the support and skills you need to smoothly transition into the Canadian workplace. With support from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the program offers a range of valuable services, including resume writing, interview preparation, professional networking guidance and job search assistance. By participating in JFCI, you’ll gain insight into the Canadian job market, learn about employer expectations and better understand your rights and responsibilities as an employee.
- Job search skills: learn how Canadian employers hire and discover the skills they value the most. Develop a comprehensive set of job search tools that will help you stand out in the competitive job market.
- Interview preparation: JFCI provides a supportive environment for you to practice and refine your interview skills to boost your confidence when facing potential employers.
- Networking opportunities: building a professional network is crucial for your career growth. JFCI helps you understand the benefits of networking and offers guidance on how to connect with mentors in your field and tap into the hidden job market.
- Expert guidance: experienced employment coaches will guide you through Canadian job market and hiring trends, and help you take the right steps toward your employment goals.
Occupation-specific Language Training (OSLT): sharpen your communication skills
Communication can be as important to your success in the workplace as your skills, experience and education are. If you’re looking to enhance your language and communication skills for the Canadian workplace, Occupation-specific Language Training (OSLT) is your solution.
OSLT is another IRCC-funded program that offers free, work-oriented language training for newcomers to Canada. With a focus on improving workplace communication skills, OSLT helps you:
- Understand workplace culture specific to your occupation or sector.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues, clients, and supervisors.
- Master communication through emails and telephone conversations.
- Develop strong interview and networking skills.
Take the next step: your roadmap to success
Moving to a new country doesn’t mean you have to navigate the employment landscape alone. The Job Finding Club for Immigrants and Occupation-specific Language Training are your partners in creating a successful career in Barrie, ON. These resources provide you with the tools, skills, and support needed to confidently pursue your employment goals in Canada.
By taking advantage of these programs, you’ll be better equipped to overcome the challenges of finding employment in a new country. Your journey to a fulfilling career in Barrie starts here – let’s work together to make it a success!
For more information about JFCI and OSLT, including program eligibility and enrollment details, visit Job Finding Club for Immigrants – Georgian College and Occupation-specific Language Training (OSLT) at Georgian College. Your path to a successful career in Canada begins with the right resources.