- This event has passed.
Nature of Change
Thursday, January 1, 1970 @ 12:00 am - Saturday, December 2, 2023 @ 4:00 pmFree
About this event
Nature of Change
YMCA BC – Newcomer Services
December Social and Educational Event
For Permanent Residents, Convention Refugees, CUAET visa holders and CLOSED work permit holders and their families only
• Will learn about the nature of change.
• Recognize impact of changes in our life, understand self-esteem, and empower yourself
• Meet other newcomers and enjoy other activities.
FREE and Registration is required for NEW PARTICIPANTS ONLY in advance on Eventbrite.
If you have been to our programs before, please ask your case manager, teacher or the community programs reception for sign-up.
Date: Saturday, December 2, 2023
Time: 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Location: Robert Lee YMCA, 955 Burrard Street (Meet at 5th Floor Family Development Centre at 2:00 PM)
1. This event is for women only (18+).
2. Youth and children are welcome, as long as parents or guardians are able to care for their children. Child minding is available for children from 2 years to 5 years old on a first come first serve basis – PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED FOR CHILD MINDING.
If this is your first event with YMCA Immigrant Services, since April 2020, please remember to fill out an application form, found that will be emailed directly to you. Please email it to [email protected] BEFORE the event or print it and bring it with you to the event. You also need to bring your PR card or Visa Documents with you to the event for verification.
YMCA Immigrant Services has a 2-time no show policy. This means that if you register but do not attend an event you will be added to our no show list. If this happens 2 times, you will no longer be able to attend any YMCA events. Please help us to avoid this negative situation by cancelling your ticket if you know you cannot attend an event. Do this by visiting Eventbrite.ca . This is the best way: Just log in to Eventbrite, Go to the Tickets page, and locate your order. Select “Manage Order” to view your order details, and then select “Cancel Order” to cancel your registration.
If you have any questions about registration please contact [email protected]
If need to contact the event organizer on the day, please text or call us at 604-374-5465.