Build ON is a pre-arrival service funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. We provide specialized information and orientation about the Skilled Trades, Engineering and Construction to new immigrants approved to immigrate to Ontario, Canada. There is no cost to participate and you can complete the service at your own pace
We offer the following services:
One-on-one Consultations: we offer one-on-one consultation sessions where clients will be connected with Employment Consultants and receive personalized consultations on an as needed basis.
Online Training Materials: we provide access to online workshops and documents that clients can watch and download when convenient. They cover a broad range of topics including job searching strategies, employment standards, the skilled trades, engineering and much more.
Live and On-demand Webinars: we provide live and on-demand webinars to our clients on a broad range of topics that are related to employment and settlement in Canada. You can find details on upcoming webinars on the event page of the Build ON website.
Connection to Mentors: if eligible, we offer connections to professional mentors working in the same field or a related field within Ontario in order to support your integration into the Canadian workplace.
Information on the Skilled Trades, Engineering and Construction: we provide information on the skilled trades, engineering, and construction and the pathways for certification and licensure in Ontario. This information is available on our website.
At the end of the receiving our services you will learn about:
- Regulations and employment pathways in the skilled trades sector, engineering, and construction
- Writing a professional Canadian style resume
- Interview skills and networking
- Canadian workplace culture
You are eligible for our services if:
- You have been approved to come to Canada
- You are still outside of Canada
- You plan to settle in Ontario
What you should do:
- It is simple. Visit our website and register with our program. Our Program Coordinator will contact you shortly to validate your eligibility and connect you with your Employment Consultant.
Build ON is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada