- This event has passed.
Human Rights in Rental Housing
Thursday, December 19, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 amFree
As a newcomer in Ontario, it is important for you to know about your rights as a tenant when renting an accommodation.
This webinar, “Human Rights in Rental Housing” on December 18, 9:00 am-10:00 am EST provides an overview of how the Ontario Human Rights Code applies to housing, and tips on how to enforce tenant rights. We are excited to have Annie Hodgins from Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation (CERA) to deliver this webinar. Topics covered include:
– Different types of housing protected by law
– Basic tenant and landlord obligations
– How to address discrimination and harassment
– How to request accommodations for disabilities in housing
– Application process at the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal
We look forward to have you in the webinar!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com