- This event has passed.
Helping IEPs Find Jobs That Make Use of Their Experience and Education
Thursday, December 5 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Do you help Internationally Educated Professionals (IEPs) find employment in Alberta? If so, this workshop is for you. This workshop is designed to help staff members (counselors, job developers, support staff, program managers, etc.) of Immigrant Serving Agencies (ISAs) increase their overall effectiveness. This is to assist IEPs find jobs that make full use of their education and experience.
By attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Diagnose quickly where the job search approach of their clients is not aligned with the recruitment and selection process of Albertan employers
- Explain to IEPs the importance of looking for work as a specialist in Canada, as opposed to a generalist
- Guide IEPs through the process of identifying the specializations they will try to market to Albertan employers
- Help IEPs think of themselves as specialists and conduct their job search on that basis
- Deal effectively with many of the challenges ISA staff members commonly experience when coaching IEPs on their job search