Career Paths Information Session for International Medical Graduates
Thursday, December 8 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
At this information session, you will learn how the Career Paths Health program can support you in pursuing a medical residency or PRA-BC.
We will describe the program services offered and eligibility criteria and explain how you can apply.
The Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants program at Douglas College is a government-funded program for newcomer permanent residents in BC. This program is free for eligible applicants and can help you overcome the barriers to getting back into working in healthcare.
The Career Paths services include:
- Reimbursements for some of the costs related to the registration process, including tuition and exam fees
- Personalized career coaching and action planning
- Job search support and labour market information
- Workshops to help you prepare for language proficiency and licensing assessments
During this session, we will cover topics like:
- Overview of CaRMS and PRA-BC
- Preparing for Medical Examinations such as MCC-QE1 and NAC-OSCE
- Language proficiency requirements
- Alternative career and volunteer opportunities
- Financial support and resources
For program information, please visit douglascollege.ca/careerpaths