- This event has passed.
Next Stop Canada Webinar: First Weeks in Canada
Wednesday, March 7 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 amFree
Next Stop Canada is a free online pre-arrival settlement service funded by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and delivered by YMCA of Greater Toronto Area. Next Stop Canada helps adults, youth and families immigrating to Canada. You can have access to information and resources such as our live chat, webinars, videos and our interactive Q&A forum about topics such as employment, education, finding accommodation, health system, government benefits and so much more. To know more about our services and how to register, please visit: http://nextstopcanada.ca/.
This webinar will focus on the following topics:
- Documents you should apply for, upon arrival.
- Look at the various housing options available for you and your family
- Importance of public transportation
- Ways to explore the city services and where you can find services in the community
- Shopping for basic needs and how to save money