- This event has passed.
Newcomer Employment Success in Canada – the Role of Colleges
Thursday, July 4 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 amFree
his webinar on July 4, 9:00 am- 10:00 am EDT will give you an overview of how colleges provide tailored programming designed specifically for newcomers to connect with local employers. It will provide practical tools and supports to help newcomers enter their field of expertise and education in Canada and share advice provided by employers to newcomers. You will learn the following information:
– Bridging programs that enhance both technical and non-technical core skills needed to be
– Occupation-specific Language Training (OSLT) programs that highlight the use of sector-specific terminology and help improve language and workplace communication skills.
– The power of finding a mentor in your field and expanding your networks in Canada
– Free academic advising services for newcomer students to help them identify and enroll in a program that best meets the needs of individuals.
– College options for applying for the bridging bursary for students in need of financial assistance for those who qualify
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
We look forward to having you in this valuable webinar!